We are happy to let you know that once your dream Kitchen Craftsmen kitchen has been installed, we will leave you with our Kitchen Craftsmen warranty. That’s peace of mind for you and our way of saying thank you.
THE KITCHEN CRAFTSMEN GUARANTEE
WHAT IS GUARANTEED?
Kitcraft Kitchens Pty Ltd trading as “Kitchen Craftsmen” provides the Kitchen Craftsmen Guarantee as a warranty against defects in the component parts of our cabinets, doors, bench-tops, taps, sinks and appliances (collectively “our products”) as follows:
• Cabinets and doors: any defects in materials and workmanship in the cabinet frame, doors, panels, drawer fronts, legs and plinths. The warranty does not cover handles or bench tops.
• Taps and sinks: any defects in workmanship.
• Appliances: any defects in workmanship.
• The warranty is subject to the full terms and conditions set out in this document.
The benefits of the Kitchen Craftsmen Guarantee are in addition to your other rights and remedies under law in relation to our products.
The warranty under the Kitchen Craftsmen Guarantee starts on the date of purchase and lasts for the following number of years:
• On our Express Range of cabinets and doors — 5 years;
• On our Designer Range doors — 7 years;
• On our Artisan Range doors — 7 years;
• On our Ribbon Range doors — 7 years;
• Imported cabinets and doors — 5 years;
• Vinyl doors made by Kitcraft Kitchens Pty Ltd trading as Kitchen Craftsmen — 6 years.
• On our Craftsmen Range doors — 7 years
• Stainless Steel cabinets and doors — 5 years;
• On all cabinets unless otherwise specified — 25 years;
• On all taps and sinks — 2 years, unless there is a manufacturer’s warranty;
• On all appliances — 2 years, unless there is a manufacturer’s warranty.
• On all glass splashbacks — 10 years, except:
— Custom printed splashbacks – 3 years
EXCLUSIONS & LIMITATIONS
The following are not defects in our products and are not covered by the Kitchen Craftsmen Guarantee:
• Wear and tear;
• Cuts and scratches that appear after product delivery by us;
• Imperfections in the finishes or in the natural materials of sinks and taps;
• Accidental damage;
• Fading over time;
• Failure to maintain and clean product in accordance with manufacturer of Kitcraft Kitchens Pty Ltd instructions;
• Damage or deterioration due to exposure to salt water or salt air; or
• Rust when product is used outdoors.
ARTISAN RANGE WARRANTY
1. The lacquered kitchen island cabinets which are part of our Artisan Range are imported. Therefore, due to shipping times from the manufacturer, it will take an extended period to source a replacement component and resolve the defect. We estimate it will take a period of up to eight weeks to source a replacement component.
2. A refund will be provided on the Artisan Range, only if a replacement component cannot be sourced. The refund will cover the cost of the product only and not the cost of third party labour or making good to any furnishings or building.
CRAFTSMEN RANGE WARRANTY
1. The stainless steel cabinets and doors which are part of our Craftsmen Range are imported. Therefore, due to shipping times from the manufacturer, it will take an extended period to source a replacement component and resolve the defect. We estimate it will take a period of up to eight weeks to source a replacement component.
2. A refund will be provided on the Craftsmen Range, only if a replacement component cannot be sourced. The refund will cover the cost of the product only and not the cost of third party labour or making good to any furnishings or building.
3. Fading in our Craftsmen Range stainless steel cabinets and doors from outdoor use is not covered by this warranty.
WHO IS ENTITLED TO CLAIM THE KITCHEN CRAFTSMEN GUARANTEE?
You are entitled to claim the Kitchen Craftsmen Guarantee if:
• You are the original purchaser and have kept the original purchase receipt or invoice;
• You have followed the product care instructions provided to you. If you have lost the care instructions, these are available from our showrooms;
• Our product has been fully paid for; and
• Our product has been installed in accordance with the product installation instructions provided with the product.
You will be unable to claim the Kitchen Craftsmen Guarantee if:
• Our product has been assembled or installed incorrectly, used inappropriately, abused, modified without our authorisation, maintained or repaired incorrectly;
• Except where the product is from the stainless steel products of our Craftsmen Range — Our product has been placed outdoors, kept in a humid environment, subjected to rapid changes in temperature or subjected to steam or excessive heat;
• Our product has been installed into a transportable dwelling;
• Our product has been damaged by water or moisture; or
• The property where our product has been installed has at any time after the date of purchase been rented to anyone for residential or commercial purposes.
HOW CAN YOU CLAIM THE KITCHEN CRAFTSMEN GUARANTEE?
If you wish to make a claim, please contact our Head Office within the warranty period by telephone on (08) 9301 5066 / 1300 548 272. It would be helpful if you had the following information on hand:
• Product details;
• Copy of your original purchase receipt or invoice; and
• Address details for where our product was delivered.
Alternatively, you may contact us as follows:
Postal address: PO Box 1149, Joondalup 6919
We will arrange with you for our product to be inspected by us. Where you live outside a radius of 50km from any of our showroom locations, you will be responsible for cost of delivery to our nearest showroom or the cost for our technician to travel to you, unless otherwise agreed with us.
WHAT WILL KITCHEN CRAFTSMEN DO?
On being advised by you of the potential defect, we or our agent will inspect our product to determine whether the Kitchen Craftsmen Guarantee applies.
If the Kitchen Craftsmen Guarantee applies, subject to the exclusions and limitations described, we will:
• either repair the defective component of the product, or replace it with an identical component where available. Kitchen Craftsmen will decide whether a component or the product is to be repaired or replaced. If an identical component of the product is not available, we will replace it with a component of similar value, style and appearance; and
• cover the cost of repairs, spare parts, labour and travel to effect the repair or replacement.
If we are unable to access your kitchen at the time arranged with you, then you will bear the additional cost to us to return to carry out the work. You are responsible for any other costs related to claiming this warranty unless otherwise provided by law or agreed with us.
If you wish for a defective component of a product to be replaced with a superior component, we will do so on payment of the difference between the component prices. The number of components we replace will be limited to the number we confirm are defective.
Any product that we remove to replace will become the property of Kitchen Craftsmen.
YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS
Our goods come with warranties that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the good repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
25 YEAR WARRANTY
Our twenty five year warranty is available on selected cabinets in all ranges excluding the Express Range.
7 YEAR WARRANTY
Our seven year warranty applies to selected doors in the Designer, Artisan, Ribbon & Craftsmen Ranges.
5 YEAR WARRANTY
Our 5 year warranty applies to cabinetry and doors in our Express Range of kitchens.
On all appliances — 2 years, unless there is a manufacturer’s warranty.
Ask in store for details.
*Approved applicants only. Fees and T&Cs apply.
The Kitchen Craftsmen difference is apparent from the moment you step foot in one of our five showrooms. For a start, all our team are experienced designers, who can listen to your desires, needs and budget requirements and transform them into the kitchen of your dreams – from the initial consultation right through to installation.